Dr. Phillip M. Harter at the School of Medicine of Stanford University compiled the following overview of our global village.
If we could shrink the earth’s population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like this. There would be:
- 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 8 Africans, and 14 North and South Americans.
- 52 would be female, 48 would be male.
- 70 would be non-white, 30 would be white.
- 70 would be non-Christian, 30 would be Christian.
- 89 would be heterosexual, 11 homosexual.
- 6 people would possess 59% of the entire world’s wealth and all 6 would be from the United States.
- 80 would live in substandard housing.
- 70 would be unable to read.
- 50 would suffer from malnutrition.
- 1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth.
- 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education.
- 1 would own a computer.
When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.
LIFE INSURANCE FOR THE PLANET: (more…)