FASCIST AMERICA: ARE WE THERE YET?
It is really hard to listen to media try to make sense out of an illogical situation. They want to treat this as just another presidential election, using their media 101 text. But this isn’t business as usual. Our country is under concerted right wing attack.
Paul Ryan, the Repuglicons and Tea Partiers as our government would be a disaster for our country and the world. Neither man cares for any nation – not even America; their allegiance is to their private fortunes. They feel no responsibility or obligation to the society that enabled their success. They will destroy the people’s government to work to selfish ends.
Obama may not be a shining star, but better him over the tarnished Republican bought-and-paid-for corporatist, religiously constipated oligarchy that the Koch brothers and their cronies want to create.
Obama’s top ten achievements so far – despite a completely oppositional GOP/Tea Party brinkmanship and obstructionism – are: passed Health Care Reform; passed the Stimulus; passed Wall Street Reform; ended the War in Iraq; turned around the U.S. Auto Industry; repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell;” boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards; kicked banks out of the Federal Student Loan Program; created conditions to Begin Closing Dirtiest Power Plants; and achieved a New Start Treaty; not to mention punishing Osama Bin Laden, which corporatist Bush could or would not do.
In contrast, Republicans are restricting voter registration to prevent 5 million eligible citizens from voting in the November election. They want to:
- Reduce all taxes on the rich and stick it to working families;
- Bust labor unions and prevent collective bargaining;
- Deny climate change while pumping billions into dirty fuels;
- Outlaw abortion under moral guise in sexist denial of basic human rights;
- Remove consumer protections on investment banks and credit card companies;
- Criticize and under fund public education to dumb workers down;
- Glorify “liberty and justice for all,” while harassing LGBT citizens;
- Speak loftily of freedom, but commit a host of Patriot Act sins against the Constitution in the name of “national security;”
- Bully the world with US aggressions, kill innocents, waste billions of dollars, make us hated around the planet;
- Drive down income levels of America’s working-class majority, dooming society to economic ruin;
- Lie about affordable health care for all as a godless socialist attack;
- Unleash de facto ethnic cleansing against 12 million immigrant men;
- Shamefully try to obscure Bible passages that place human need before abject greed (Texas);
- Support bigoted crazed extremists who literally want to tear Barack Obama to pieces and gas all liberals; and,
- Place the lives of 300 million Americans in the hands of incompetent ideological “purists” like Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
While there are certainly Democrats who’ve yet to show spine to further vital change, let’s be absolutely clear about the unmitigated disaster that would follow if Republicans, in their present ultra-rightist incarnation, ruled our country exactly as they wickedly wished.
Americans, who hope the best for this world, will vote for Obama.
We Move to Amend.We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in Citizens United, and move to amend our Constitution to:
- Firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.
- Guarantee the right to vote and to participate, and to have our votes and participation count.
- Protect local communities, their economies, and democracies against illegitimate “preemption” actions by global, national, and state governments.
Signed by 301,401 and counting . . . CONTACT: http://www.movetoamend.org/
Tags: mitt romeny and paul ryan are a disaster for America, Obama is better than tarnished Republicans, Republicans are destroying the constitution, Republicans are killing democracy, Republicans are losers, Republicans are the party of death, Republicans are the party of greed, Republicans are the party of War, Republicans want to enslave America to the corporations, tea party ignorant and superstitious